Hi, my name is Dennis 👋
I am a Data Scientist and Researcher with a PhD in Earth Sciences from the University of Cambridge and a keen interest in environmental change induced shape variation of marine invertebrates.
If you would like to learn more about my research, you might enjoy one of my research articles:
- 2022 :: D Mayk, LS Peck, EM Harper, Evidence for carbonate system mediated shape shift in an intertidal predatory gastropod, Frontiers Media SA,
- 2022 :: D Mayk, EM Harper, J Fietzke, T Backeljau, LS Peck, 130 years of heavy metal pollution archived in the shell of the intertidal dog whelk, Nucella lapillus (Gastropoda, Muricidae), Marine Pollution Bulletin, 185, 114286
- 2022 :: D Mayk, LS Peck, T Backeljau, EM Harper, Shell thickness of Nucella lapillus in the North Sea increased over the last 130 years despite ocean acidification, Communications Earth & Environment, 3 (1), 1-12
- 2022 :: D Mayk, Environmental change impacts on shell formation in the muricid Nucella lapillus, University of Cambridge,
- 2021 :: D Mayk, Transitional spherulitic layer in the muricid Nucella lapillus, Journal of Molluscan Studies, 87 (1), eyaa035
- 2020 :: D Mayk, J Fietzke, E Anagnostou, A Paytan, LA-MC-ICP-MS study of boron isotopes in individual planktonic foraminifera: A novel approach to obtain seasonal variability patterns, Chemical Geology, 531, 119351
Outside of work, I try to be a good dad to my beautiful daughter Philippa. My wife Leonie is a lawyer at BMZ.